Do Bananas Cause Belly Fat
Traditionally, a banana is considered a healthy food choice, but could bananas cause belly fat? Find out below
If you are someone who is trying to become healthier and in the process of trying to lose body fat, it is likely that you would have done research in order to help you to get closer to reaching your goals. Some of these search results may be focused on the types of foods that you should eat as well as the types of foods that cause belly fat.
When it comes to the fruit aspect of your diet, the majority of people would assume that fruits are good and a healthy part of their diet, only to stumble upon something on the internet that tells them to avoid a certain fruit at all cost. One of these fruits that has been brought up a lot in the conversation of the foods that cause belly fat is bananas.
Now I just want to be completely clear that fruits are a great thing to add to a healthy diet and lifestyle but like anything do not take in an excessive amount because of the fact that you heard they were meant to be good for you. With that, let’s examine the Banana Belly Fat Myth and find out: do bananas cause belly fat or is it just a hype?
When it comes to people who are overweight, do you really believe that it is due to the fact that they have been eating too many bananas? The problem is that, for the most part, people’s diets are a combination of foods that are high in sugar, food that is refined and processed and people are drinking things like fizzy drinks on a regular basis, so with all of this in mind it is odd to think that bananas can cause belly fat.
The reason why bananas are brought up in the conversation of making you fat is because they are high on the glycemic index, foods that are high on the GL index tend to be digested quickly and therefore spike blood sugar levels when food is digested which is linked to insulin levels being raised but not being used for anything as the food gets digested so quickly, this has been linked with fat gain. Still, regardless of GI or calories, foods that cause the most hormonal imbalances (such as processed foods) are the same foods that increase belly fat.
Although bananas are high on the GL index and are often compared to things like fizzy drinks or refined bread, you need to consider the nutritional value of this fruit. The GL index does not show this and that is what most people are basing their theories on about bananas causing you to be fat, so it cannot be compared to things like fizzy drinks etc. which have been directly related to causing fat gain. So bananas are a great thing to add to your healthy diet.
I would say that my top 5 worst foods for belly fat would be (Foods That Increase Belly Fat):
- Morning Cereals
- Fizzy Drinks
These are all foods that cause bloating and belly fat and while bananas aren’t a great choice for weight loss, they hardly one of those foods that cause belly fat. If you want to lose belly fat faster, you will need to factor the hormonal balance. There’s a great protocol described here.
For now, just to be clear: Do bananas cause belly fat? Unlikely, but they are not helping you lose it either. The whole concept of fat burning foods is somewhat silly, and once you understand the science, it’s easy to see why.
Some other interesting facts about Bananas:
- They are a great hangover cure. Hangover happens due to dehydration and one of the things that causes the headaches is the lack of potassium. Bananas are very high in potassium making it a great choice if you had a night out and drank too much. Do bananas cause belly fat? Not really – it was probably the alcohol and other tasty foods that usually go with it.
- Bananas are great for skin irritation for example after a bug bite. Simply take the peel of the banana and rub it against your skin and it should calm the irritation and help the healing process.
- Similar to the previous point, banana’s peel is great for the hair to restore nutrients and condition a healthier hair. Just don’t forget it on your head after.
- Bananas are a great source of the amino acid Tryptophan, known as both the sleep hormone (bananas can help you sleep) and as a factor in reducing stress and anxiety.
- Bananas are packed with fibre, vitamins and minerals. They can help you increase white blood cells count, fight stomach ulcers and strengthen your immune response.
Why not eat bananas? The only reason you can justify is if you’re trying to cut carbs. Bananas are high on carbohydrate so you do need to watch how much you take in when you try and lose weight, even though they aren’t one of those foods that cause belly fat!
Honestly, the connection between bananas and belly fat is loose at best and probably non-existent. In my opinion, looking for that 1 food to shift belly fat just shows how little most people know about the biological process. If you want to stop asking the wrong questions and start understanding the real core solutions to belly fat, I invite you to look at project BellyProof.
Please wait while you are redirected...or Click Here if you do not want to wait.