An incredible approach to Personal Training
For those who want something a bit more…
I help people move better, feel better and become more resilient. I also help them look jacked, pumped and great in a bikini or a pair of speedos.
- I want you to feel welcome! Black or white, gay or straight, an elite athlete or a keyboard warrior. As long as you are friendly!
- I am that weird trainer. I coach other trainers, actors, pro-athletes and… a lot of people just like you – you’re in good hands.
- We map the body for imbalances and restrictions, we make you move better and we get s**t to work nice (excuse the french).
- An incredible way to help you move beautifully, lose fat quickly and become freakishly strong.
Let’s Get Started
- Fill in the form below – give me an idea of who you are and what you want to achieve. I’m friendly, I don’t judge and I’m genuinely here to help.
- As an option, let me buy you a coffee / tea and meet for a quick chat. It’s a chance for us to meet, answer some questions and get to know you and your background a bit better.
- Let’s do something great.
Located in East London
just 4 minutes journey from Canary Wharf
Personal Training in the City of London, just a few minutes from Canary Wharf station.
Find us at 30A Barking Rd, London E16 1EQ
Adjacent to Canning town Station (Jubilee Line / DLR – Zone 3)
- Mon-Fri 06:30 am to 20:30 pm
- Weekends 08:00 AM to 18:00 PM
Pricing & Packages
Premium PT starting at £59 per session
Full details below
- First session (detailed assessment): £100
- Anything after is around £59-£65 depending on frequency.
MoBeeLity Starter | Advanced Movement Assessment / Mapping
- The cost is £100 for the first session (more expansive than the average session because it involves a significant amount of work beyond our time together).
- Over 30 functional tests to accurately establish strengths and weakness, instabilities and imbalances.
- Get accurate insight about your body that help you drive better decisions + personalized report highlighting the key areas to focus on (in specifics).
- No judgement… but we are going to find everything that’s wrong with you – so that we can make you better 🙂
Packages for Extreme Body Transformations in London
A WELL RESEARCHED APPROACH TO MAKE YOU LOOK GOOD IN THE BUFF
- Guaranteed Results in just 5-6 Weeks
- MASSIVE track record of success and results (judge for yourself)
- You can do it in person or online with in-depth tutorials
- Fun, functional and effective beyond anything you’ve encountered before
(Scroll here for more info)
Prices for on-going work
This is the best way to work on:
- Resolving movement restrictions
- Learning new skills (Calisthenics, Motor control)
- Getting practical help with Posture, Muscles, Nutrition and Fat Loss (learning through experience)
I am used to working with high profile individuals and happy to help. Here’s what you need to know:
- I have an entire gym to myself in the city of London on weekends. Completely private.
- I do prioritize high profile cases ahead of other personal training clients – but I keep everyone happy. I would consider joining you overseas in some cases if we plan it ahead.
- If you are within reasonable travelling distance, I can come to you if you have a private gym.
- I know it’s not easy being a celebrity, you’re being judged on every turn and people look at you for your career. I want to reassure you that while we keep it fun and have a laugh, there is no judgement – I’m gay friendly, I’m super-professional and I look at you as a person and a project – not as an opportunity to be famous on Instagram.
- I am well aware of privacy and data confidentiality. I will not blab about training you, but I can’t guarantee you won’t want to do the same yourself 🙂
- I can work alongside your agent and your time schedule.
- In regards to body transformations: I don’t play well with other trainers / nutritionists as usually there is a big information gap which will result in conflicting advice. If you need a quick body transformation, I will ask you to follow my protocol alone and I do guarantee the results.
On-Going Work like that…
Learn Spinal ELDOAs
These are extreme positions you can hold (each for about a minute a day), they are hard to do but they offer massive rewards in terms of spinal health.
- Very quick changes to your spine. From the health of the disc to back-pain, thoracic mobility and positive postural changes.
- Only takes 4-5 minutes a day. These are hard to do so I recommend you get super-serious with them for 2-3 weeks at a time.
Learn Basic & High-Level CARs
This is something I teach everyone early on and it’s a practice you should keep for the rest of your life.
- Forms a better base for daily movement, strength and stability in just 5-6 minutes a day.
- Can easily become your new warm-up.
- Allows slow and positive changes to keep your joints healthy in the long run.
Advanced Muscle Building
From six-pack to huge guns. I may not be a big bodybuilder but I do know how to optimize the cellular process for big gainz.
- Can be done on-going or we can spend 3-4 sessions on building you a superb program for building muscles where you want them.
- No spare of dirty tricks from nutrition to supplements – I can tweak details you’ve never even considered. Strictly no steroids.
- We’ll match it to your level, your mobility and your other goals – we try and make it more interesting than just weights were possible.
- Not just 3 sets of 10: Tweaked to produce maximal myofibriliar hypertrophy and sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. That means better gainz.
The Chef’s Special
Flat feet? Can’t squat and relax? Getting stiff muscles when it doesn’t make sense? Can’t quite figure out why your arm doesn’t extent right up? Pinchy hip?
Let’s take a few sessions and give you some serious tools to change your movement.
- Resolve restrictions (painful and non painful). Explore short term strategies to feel better and long term tools to change the underlying causes.
- Learn what true mobility is all about, be free to move – have options.
- Explore deeper concepts in core-development and gain confidence in a body that can move, strong, without constantly “breaking”.
- When you can finally accomplish the trivial tasks, like touching your toes or flexing your ankle beyond 5 degrees. Limitations turn into possibilities.
- Making shit work nicer. When stuff don’t work the way they should, you compensate – and often don’t realize it. With less compensations you can move better, stronger, pain-free – you have options. Let’s put it out there – when shit works nice…. then shit works nice!
Calisthenics in London | Let’s get moving again
This is such a great framework as any movement requires mastery of various alignments, controlled positions and strength. It takes hard work but what you earn is yours to keep for life.
- Each movement requires a set of prerequisites – we work on them as well as the movement integration.
- There is a limit to how much you can practice at once because each movement you learn will require around 6-8 minutes a day.
- Some movements are easy and can be learnt quickly (like an elbow lever or a back bend), other movements may require a few months of practice.
- I can show you the way but daily practice is up to you.
- Learn to move your body, anywhere, with control, beautifully.
My name is Jacob Nadav and I’m not an average fitness expert.
Most trainers stop at this point. They get “a bit of science”, some experience and a few favourite exercises they keep everyone on. Some trainers go to get “ideas”. Learning how to operate a new piece of equipment like a TRX, dieting methods, boxing techniques or what have you not.
I spent my time and money elsewhere, and a lot of both:
- I have trained in many functional systems, all useful to some extent and fall short in other areas. I got so much “field” experience in them that I can argue I would use one thing and not the other and where to go next.
- I have hired some of best manual therapists in the UK to teach me. Learning unique methods from them as their student and working with them later as a colleague.
- I had direct mentoring from some of the biggest names in the industry. That includes Dr. Charlie Weingroff (training = rehab), Dr. Andreo Spina (FRC), Dean Somerset, Dr. Lee Burton (FMS) and more…
- I spent over a year with elite movement specialists. These guys have gone through many years under the instruction of Ido Portal, Gymnastic Bodies and more… Clever people who were happy to teach me.
I’ve coached (and was coached by) so many people. Some of them are models / actors. Some of them have been through every physio alive before meeting me (and my gang of FR manual therapists). Some of them are medical professionals and some of them are personal trainers themselves who wanted to learn a thing or two.
You could say I’ve been around and I never stopped learning… it’s my passion and I’m happy to help! 🙂
How is this different?
Most people think they are not achieving their fitness goals because they need to work harder. But the truth is that the fitness industry often asks you to work on the wrong things.
Yes. I know a lot about mobility and I have a six pack. I also like food, a good coffee and my face melts with joy every time I see a cute dog running. You might expect another personal trainer that counts your sets and reps, take selfies for Instagram and asks you to to count your calories. But I’m not here to do that!
If you are looking for the best personal training in London, you came to the right place.
This is next-generation training for those interested in exploring deep. Those who already understand how misleading and broken the fitness industry is. And of course, want something better.
Training for those who aren’t afraid to throw old concepts out of the window, and learn something new.
You can still go through a bodybuilding course, learn movements and do an extreme weight loss transformation. I’m not here to limit you but rather to open doors show you how you can do things better.
Better Science. Better Training. Better Results.
The Movement First challenge
Unfortunately, we don’t work with just anyone. We take our reputation and results seriously and want to ensure you do too.
Do these important points apply to you?
- I am ready to commit at least 6 weeks to changing my life
- I respect the need for quality movement first and willing to learn from one of the best personal trainers in the field.
- I understand that creating true change takes time and work.
- I value my health and my body and view working with MovementFirst as an investment in my future.
- I want to move better, get stronger, build lean muscle and burn fat!
If you agreed with the points above, you just took your first steps towards getting the body you want. The next step is of course to get in touch in the form above.
We balance three directions.
Mobility / Movement Focused
A wise man once said “Train your body for how you want it to work, not just how you want it to look on Instagram”.
Most people define their fitness by how much volume they can do and how they look. Often instead of how well their joints are moving as they do it. The truth is, when joints don’t move well, you have no options but to compensate your movements.
If your only option is to compensate, and often you’re not even aware of it, then all you’re doing is putting strength on dysfunction. I’m in the business of giving you more options and making stuff work nice.
I help you identify what does and doesn’t work nice, limitations you didn’t even know you had. You will see things you never saw before, and won’t be able to unsee.
It’s a lot of work, it’s endless… but everything you achieve is yours to keep. And I can help you achieve so much function, that much I guarantee.
Whether it’s about learning to do handstands or solving a problem with the hip. This is powerful, next-level work. It’s geared towards anyone who wants to move better, learn how to produce strength and stability from the ground up and have a new level of control.
Look Good in the Buff (codename: BellyProof) – 5 Weeks Body Transformation Program to Lose Stubborn Fat
We all want to look great, with and without clothes on and I have a track record in helping people do exactly that and fast. I offer a unique and well researched approach to help you achieve a fantastic body transformation. We can either go in person in Canary Wharf, London (or worldwide via the online program).
Want to look good and have a hot bod? I can make it happen.
You will build muscle and burn fat faster by optimizing every part of the biological sequence. From how much hormones your body is secreting at night to how well it delivers them through blood circulation. It’s all about the sequence and It’s hard work (yes.. there are exercise and nutrition involved on a different scale!) but it’s fun and you can see results from the first week. It’s also for everyone, it’s affordable and it’s adaptable to any fitness level.
I invite you to check online for dozens of my results with clients over just 5-6 weeks. I absolutely guarantee your results.
Longevity / BioHacking
On top of everything we do, we put a big focus on introducing optimizations into your life. You don’t have to be a health freak to want to sleep better, feel better and have a more resilient body.
Resilient body isn’t just how strong you are, it’s also how supple your joints are and the integrity of your cells’ membrane. There are many steps we can take to improve all of that, quickly and the results are noticeable to a large degree.
The biggest areas we optimize are:
- Your sleep (beyond quality / quantity and looking into melatonine).
- EMFs and cellular integrity.
- Gut Health (Lining, Parasites, PreBiotics and ProBiotics).
- Helping you achieve better hormonal balance (for your goals!). We do it partly via our proprietary intermittent fasting method.
- Introducing advanced mobility concepts into your morning and evening routine. Think stem-cells, pushing synovial fluid and mobilizing the fluid in your spine.
I often work with people who experienced the flaws of modern fitness and want something better.
What is traditional fitness vs what is the MovementFirst approach?
Many people get injured after they find a personal trainer! Why? because the focus is often on how much weight, how many reps, how fast etc… We are often encouraged to move more before we learn how to move well.
That means that if we can’t do something, we are asked to do it anyway (badly) with less intensity or by using a machine. Hoping that we’ll get stronger and that bad movement will disappear. It doesn’t. We get stronger and our bad movement persist, we simply become less aware of it. Until one day, we realize what we’ve done.
Exercise must build a strong foundation. It must restore true mobility and establish great movement and motor control. I offer a simple, well-researched approach to getting you fit, lose weight and make you a very strong human being.
At movement first, we place your movement… first. Quality before quantity.
It’s a premium experience but I make sure that affordable personal training is available to anyone.
Imagine you go into a gym, with an exercise plan (either off the internet or off a personal trainer) and it asks you to do a squat. Because you believe it’s functional, it will help you lose weight or because you believe it will build your muscle – all are true, all are general.
If you can’t do that squat, you will be often asked to do one of the following:
- Squat anyway, with bad form, with less weight – hoping that as you get stronger the movement will correct it self.
- Squat half way into a box / bench, assuming if you get good at partial range, you will eventually get good at the whole range.
- Not squat, but rather replace natural movement for a machine like the leg-press – because it does exactly the same… right?
- Adjust your starting position by either squatting with your heels elevated or holding a weight / trx in-front of you. This could have been valid as a gradual corrective strategy. Instead we see people doing it years later… with more weight which is only loading a compensation with heavy weight. A bit more at a time. We call that “putting your strength on top of dysfunction”.
We look at it completely differently!
- How much does your ankle bend (dorsiflexion) and how much control have you got over it.. is it just a matter of building strength or do we need your body to build a better ankle by using elements of tissue plasticity?
- How much hip flexion have you got? Is it independent of your pelvic tilt (common way to compensate)?
- Have you got enough thoracic extension to keep the alignment of the movement?
- Have you got enough external rotation and abduction in your hips before we ask you to “keep your knees out”, can you physically do it from the right place?
- Can you arch your foot, or is it not stable enough and collapsing which drags your knees into valgus?
Most people join the gym and assumes that just because they don’t have pain, they can do everything. But:
- If your hip doesn’t flex to the degree you need to when you try hard… why would you assume it will flex when you’re not even trying (for example, during a squat)? Are doing the movement by flexing it or by tilting your pelvis forward (running into your buffer)? Have you tested it or do you just assume?
- Does giving you a cue (like “chest out”,”move your knee out”, “ass to grass”) really solve the problem of you not being able to do something? Can willpower and determination bypass what you can and can’t do – or do you need a more specific strategy than “try harder…”?
- Do you have the prerequisites to achieve the joint positions required by the move? Do you have enough motor control to stabilize and control it? If not… there is no way you are not compensating. You get that right?
- If your only option is to compensate… what are you really doing by loading it 3 times today, 10 times next week and with 50kg a year from now? Are you getting stronger? Sure… is all strength equal? No… which brings us to the next section:
Dealing with injuries, previous injuries, post-rehab
Continuing from the example above (not being able to squat well), please imagine you sprain your ankle, or you tear down your ACL in your knee.
They operate on it and ask you to rest until it doesn’t hurt anymore (which is the point private insurance would also stop covering you… FYI). But is the lack of pain is fixing the bad movement that caused the injury? Could it be that the bad ankle / knee is actually good, but over-worked due to other parts of the kinetic chain not doing their job? Did an injury cause bad movement or did bad movement cause an injury. The answer is probably both.
More important, If your injury has in-fact been properly rehabilitated… how come you get injured again? That’s a great question you should be asking!
The way I see it:
- It’s better to test rather than assume. I’m a fitness expert with a good eye for movement. I can tell you that even the best personal trainers in the industry won’t be able to see everything that’s going wrong with a movement.
- The kinetic chain is still pushing excess forces onto some segments. For example: if your hip doesn’t work the way a hip should, your knee will over-work… regardless of how “rehabilitated it is”. By giving you the option to move your hip better, we are giving your body the option not to compensate through the knee.
- Our body degenerate and regenerate. If we are waiting for it to “heal” from an injury without giving it directive, it will create scar tissue. This is tissue that has a messy collagen structure. It can’t deliver good proprioceptive signals. These are essential for motor control, stability and strength production. We need to re-create tissue (ideally at the rehab stage.. but we must go through it regardless) that is useful, by using force and directions (the language that your cells speak…). That’s exactly where traditional rehab often fails.
- An injury happens when a tissue experiences more forces it can’t handle. Those forces are angle-specific. It’s impossible to prevent all injuries but we can damn right prepare for one and reduce any effect it may have in as many angles as possible. You do it by expanding your movement variability. Your options to move without over-using one single segment in lack of better options (compensation).
Am I medical professional?
No! I’m a highly knowledgeable personal trainer and I’m not a medical professional.
I do have extensive knowledge (far more extensive than some medical professionals) when it comes to making your joints work nicer. I would trust a good medical professional for medical diagnosis. They (should) have the skills to run blood-work and tell you if the back-pain you’re feeling is actually pancreatic cancer. I can’t tell you that but they can. They can also run MRIs, identify broken bones and ligaments.
This is where I trust them to do an excellent job. My trust with them ends in regards to rehabilitation of movement / joints. It’s not their job to help you forge a resilient and capable body, often they are only limited to fixing pain. It’s worth saying, in most cases, you are no longer covered by your insurance when pain is gone, even if there is still work to do.
So what about pain? And when do I involve medical professionals?
You were not meant to be in pain, fragile or broken – not by the time you’re 50 and definitely not in your 20s or 30s. I’ll show you the way forward (guaranteed).
Resolving pain is the first thing we do because building strength relies on you being resilient. We make things work better and we do it quickly, very quickly. It’s all about strategy. Sometime’s I can get you out of pain in 10 seconds – that would be a short term strategy, making you feel better now. A long term strategy is working on the deficits that leads to that pain in the first place, this takes time and it’s 100% worth doing.
I maintain a strong connection to other like minded individuals within different parts of the health industry. This includes some of best manual therapists in London. This also includes specialists and medical professionals in different fields.
We know how to work with each other, we speak the same anatomical language and we trained together as we developed our experience. That means I know what they can do well and vice versa. That means I know what they can do well and vice versa. If we see a rare complex neurological issue or deep degenerative changes. Or if a low level movement is causing an inflammation, you are not going to be stuck. I will move you in the right direction and set you up with some very capable people, always in good hands!
Personal Training with personality, not vanity.
In a fitness world dominated by body image, Instagram and loud teenagers… many groups are feeling left out.
- If you are interested in Movement, more often than not, you will struggle in gyms which are orientated towards weights and machines.
- If you are a woman, everyone assumes you need help with everything you do. It’s possible you have more options than to squat all the time, because that’s what girls on the internet do.
- If you are trying to get comfortable with training, you might feel that a lot of gyms are very Testosterone driven. It’s very much “who can lift more”, “spot me Bro” and there’s lack of social connections and higher level training.
- If you want to improve your posture or work on an injury, you are often cornered to a small “stretch area” or “yoga classes”. And while 90% of the gym space is dominated by loud teenagers.
- If you finally give up and work with a personal trainer, you often find a reality you didn’t expect. Beside the fact that personal training in the city of London can be expensive, paying a high price doesn’t always mean getting something better. Too many trainers only make you feel welcome if you follow their narratives of “protein, calories and pushing you to exhaustion”. They often fail to recognize there is more to your anatomy than sets, reps and shouting “good job”.
I view fitness and training as an environment to better yourself. Not a dance floor to show off your moves, judge people or befriend those who lift more than you do. Finally, a place to practice, evolve, interact and grow – accessible to everyone.